About Cardiology Specialists
Cardiology is the medical specialty that cares for the heart. Your Doral cardiologist studies your symptoms and performs examinations and tests to diagnose your heart condition and prescribe the right treatments for your heart and your overall health.
Make your appointment today with a Doral cardiologist to get the care you need from the best cardiologists in Brooklyn, NY.
WE ACCEPT MEDICAID, MEDICARE, HMOS AND MOST OTHER INSURANCES.
Various medical conditions can affect the health of your heart, including obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high blood sugar. Smoking also affects heart health. That is why heart health is closely related to overall health.
Doral cardiology specialists diagnose and treat these conditions and others:
- Blood vessel narrowing
- Blue or grey color on fingers or toes
- Chest pain
- Dizziness and fainting
- Irregular heart beat
- Pain in the left shoulder or arm
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in your ankles and legs
What to expect when you see a cardiologist:
Your cardiology specialist works together with your family medicine or internal medicine doctor. The cardiologist reviews your medical records, discusses your health and medical problems with your other doctors and medical professionals, performs tests to diagnose your heart problems and provides treatment for your heart. When your medical care requires other specialists, your cardiologist will refer you to the type of specialist who can take care of your particular problem. Here are a few examples:
- Endocrinologist for diabetes and other hormone-related diseases
- Gastroenterologist for stomach and intestinal problems
- Nephrologist for kidney disease
- Nutritionist for advice regarding food and diet
- Pulmonologist for lung problems
To diagnose your condition, your cardiologist may order some of the following tests:
- Blood oxygen measurements
- Blood pressure measurements
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Stress test
A Full Range of Services
Through a comprehensive approach towards wellness care, Doral Health & Wellness provides some of the highest quality healthcare for the elderly.
Depending on test results, the following therapies may be offered:
- Cardiac angioplasty
- Cardiac catheterization (cath)
- Heart bypass surgery
- Heart monitor
- Medications to manage blood cholesterol and blood pressure
- Thrombolysisto dissolve clots
Your doctor’s qualifications:
A cardiology specialist has the following education and credentials:
- Medical school, followed by several years of training under experienced doctors
- Qualifications for a license to practice medicine in New York State
- Optional board certification in cardiology
Doral Health & Wellness cares about you
At Doral Health & Wellness, we are proud of our commitment to the Brownsville and East New York Community to provide integrated, interdisciplinary health services in a progressive medical facility dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients. We partner with insurance companies, managed care organizations and hospitals in the area in order to treat our patients with the highest level of care and respect.