• Urethral cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder to outside the body. It is rare cancer that occurs more often in women than in men. Are you searching for urology Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the best option for you.
• Squamous cell carcinoma is the most common type of urethral cancer. Other types of urethral cancer include transitional cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma.
• Risk factors for urethral cancer include having a history of bladder cancer, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), frequent urinary tract infections (UTIs), being 60 or older, and being a white female.
• Symptoms of urethral cancer include bleeding from the urethra or blood in the urine, weak or interrupted (“stop-and-go”) flow of urine, frequent urination, a lump or thickness in the perineum or penis, discharge from the urethra, and enlarged lymph nodes in the groin area.
• Tests to diagnose urethral cancer include blood and urine tests, tissue sample biopsies, pelvic and rectal exams, and cystoscopy.
• Treatments for urethral cancer include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
• The prognosis depends on the tumor’s stage and size, wherein the urethra cancer first formed, the patient’s general health, and whether cancer has just been diagnosed or has recurred. Looking for a professional urologist Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the most reputed company that leading the pride.
By reading this website, you acknowledge that you are responsible for your own health decisions. The information throughout this medical website is not intended to be taken as medical advice. The information provided is intended for general information regarding podiatry conditions and services. If you are interested in finding out more, avoid worrisome self-diagnosis, please contact our Urology specialist for a personal consultation. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease or condition.