• Vasectomy is an effective method of birth control; only about 15 out of 10,000 couples had a pregnancy occur after vasectomy.
• Vasectomy is a surgical technique done in men to cut the vas deferens bilaterally to prevent sperm from reaching the seminal fluid during ejaculation.
• Urologists usually do vasectomies by cutting small holes or slits in the scrotum and then cutting the vas deferens bilaterally and sealing both sides of each cut with stitches or cautery.
• Vasectomy is one of the most effective birth control; about 33 times more effective than oral contraception and about 90 times more effective than condoms but not immediately (it takes about three months before all sperm is removed from the semen).
• Risks of vasectomy include hematoma, infection, granulomas, vasectomy failure, and “regret.”
• Vasectomy should not affect your sex life.
• Vasectomy does not increase the risk of prostate or testicular cancer.
• Vasectomy does not change your risk for STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
• A urologic surgeon can reverse most vasectomies.
A vasectomy is a surgical procedure performed as a method of birth control. It involves cutting the vas deferens to close off the tubes that carry sperm from the testicles (there are one vas deferens per testicle). Are you searching for urology brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the best option for you.
If a man has a vasectomy, he can no longer get a woman pregnant.1 Sperm are made in the two testicles, which are inside the scrotum. Sperm is stored in a tube attached to each testicle called the epididymis. When a man ejaculates, the sperm travel from the epididymis, through the vas deferens, and then mix with seminal fluid to form semen. The semen then goes through the urethra and out the penis. Before a vasectomy, semen contains sperm and seminal fluid. After a vasectomy, sperm are no longer in the semen.2 The man’s testicles will make less sperm over time, and his body will absorb any sperm that are made. Looking for a professional urologist brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the most reputed company that leading the pride.
By reading this website, you acknowledge that you are responsible for your own health decisions. The information throughout this medical website is not intended to be taken as medical advice. The information provided is intended for general information regarding podiatry conditions and services. If you are interested in finding out more, avoid worrisome self-diagnosis, please contact our Urology specialist for a personal consultation. No information on this site should be used to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease or condition.