Prostate cancer begins when the cells in the prostate gland start to grow out of control. The prostate glands are responsible in making some fluid that is part of the semen. The prostate is the walnut-sized gland located below the bladder and in front of the rectum.
For more information about your prostate health, you can talk to the best urologists in Brooklyn or East New York at Doral Health and Wellness – Urology Center. Are you searching for urologist Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the best option for you.
For most types prostate cancer types, they are called adenocarcinomas. Other types of cancer that can start in the prostate can include:
· Small cell carcinoma
· Neuroendocrine tumors
· Transitional cell carcinomas
Although this other type of cancers is rare. Most often, if you are told that you have prostate cancer, it is almost certain that you have adenocarcinoma.
Prostate cancer is the second most common type of cancer that affects men. Once you reach the age of 50, your risk in developing cancer in your prostate glands increases. It is better that you discuss your risk of developing prostate cancer with Doral’s urologist to have an early diagnosis and discuss treatment plan immediately.
· Frequent need to urinate, especially at night – you might be confused as to why you need to pee very frequently, especially during the night. It can also cause annoyance that every so very often you need to get up during the night to urinate. It can also cause restlessness in the morning because of interrupted sleep
· Weak flow of urine – if you are having trouble urinating or notice that your urine has a very weak flow, it could be a sign that you have an enlarged prostate, a tumor or cancer
· Pain or burning feeling when urinating – there are several conditions that could cause you pain or a burning sensation when urinating, when you notice this symptoms it is best that you consult Doral’s urologist immediately for a proper diagnosis
· Blood in the urine or semen – seeing blood in your semen can very alarming. Call us right away if you notice blood in your semen
· Painful ejaculation – pain during ejaculation is a very troublesome and awkward symptom that you may have when you have problems with your prostate. Do not take this symptom for granted
· Erectile dysfunction – having difficulty in getting an erection is a very common condition among men and could be a sign of any prostate problems. if you are suffering from this condition, although it could be nothing to worry about, it is still best that you have it checked immediately. Looking for a professional urology Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the most reputed Health Center that leading the pride.
For additional information regarding prostate health, our specialists at Doral Health and Wellness – Urology Center is ready to help you. You can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York to book an appointment. You can also call us at 347-868-1098 or visit our website at http://www.urologistbrooklyn.com/ to book an appointment online.