The bladder is the hollow organ that holds urine from the kidney. It is probably one of those parts in your body that you do not think about until it stops working. Having problems affecting the bladder can cause painful urination or unwanted urine leakages. Are you searching for urologist Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the best option for you.
There are simple steps we can follow to help keep our bladders healthy.
- Empty your bladder to avoid urinary tract infection – women are most especially prone to urinary tract infection (UTI). One way of reducing the risk of having UTI is to make sure that you urinate completely.
- Drinking plenty of fluids, especially water, to flush out bacteria – drinking plenty of water, about six to 8 glasses a day, can help in flushing out the bacteria out of the urinary tract and help prevent bladder issues.
- Avoid tobacco to help prevent bladder cancer – smokers have in increased risk of having bladder cancer. If you are smoking, or using other forms of tobacco, it is recommended that you stop immediately for your bladder health and other health reasons as well.
- Clean your genital area before and after sexual intercourse – sexual intercourse can contribute to bladder infection, especially in women. Also, urinate before and after sex to help flush any bacteria out of your system.
- Watch what you eat and if possible, keep a food diary – some people find certain food affects their bladder symptoms. Keep a diary of what you eat and the symptoms you’ll have so you can steer clear of these foods to avoid any more bladder issues.
- Walk regularly to avoid retaining fluids – people may develop fluid buildup in their legs especially if they do not have enough physical activity. Having fluid retention will cause you to have an active bladder too. So, try walking around throughout the day to avoid water retention.
- Discuss your bladder problems – some people may feel embarrassed to consult their doctor regarding their bladder health symptoms and problems. Keep in mind that your doctors are there to help you with whatever health problems that you may encounter.
- Healthy lifestyle and regular exercise – practice healthy lifestyle to promote overall health. Also do regular exercises, especially Kegel exercises, to strengthen the muscles that allows you better bladder control.
Bladder health issues are common and there are a number of treatments available. If you observe symptoms that you may have problems regarding your bladder, consult your medical provider immediately for proper diagnosis. Looking for a professional urology Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the most reputed Health Center that leading the pride.
At Doral Health and Wellness, our team of urologist will help you diagnose, treat, and manage your condition. To book an appointment, you may call us at 347-868-1098 or visit our website at http://www.urologistbrooklyn.com/