Urinary incontinence is a condition in which the patients have no control over his bladder. Its severity ranges from occasional leaking when sneezing or coughing, to a sudden and strong urge to urinate that you don’t get to the toilet in time. This condition is more common in older people, especially women. Bladder control issues avoid people living their normal lives, but incontinence can often be stopped or controlled. Are you searching for urologist Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the best option for you.
Urinary incontinence happens when the bladder doesn’t work the way they should, hence urine leaks. Incontinence can happen for so many reasons including urinary tract infection, vaginal infection, or irritation. Some medications can also cause bladder control problems for a short period of time. When incontinence last longer, it may be due to the following:
- Overactive bladder muscles
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Pelvic organ prolapse
For men, incontinence is related to the prostate gland. Male incontinence may be due to:
- Damage to the nerves that controls the bladder
- Enlarged Prostate gland
There are different types of incontinence:
· Stress incontinence – This happens when you put pressure on your bladder by exercising, lifting something heavy, sneezing, coughing, and even when you laugh hard
· Urge incontinence – This happens when you have a sudden urge to pee and cannot hold your urine long enough to get to the toilet
· Overflow incontinence – This happens when you leak small amounts of urine from a bladder that always seem to be full
· Functional incontinence – This happens to older people who takes a lot of time going to the toilet or may not be able to unbutton their pants quickly enough due to arthritis
· Mixed incontinence – this happens when you have more than one type of urinary incontinence, most often refers to a combination of stress incontinence and urge incontinence
There are treatments and ways to manage incontinence. The choice of treatment will depend on the type of incontinence you have, its severity and what’s best for your lifestyle. As a general rule, the simplest and safest treatment should be tried first before opting for surgery and other more complicated treatment. Although a combination of treatment may help you get better faster for your bladder issue. Your doctor may recommend you to try bladder control training and medication treatment.
Changing your lifestyle could also help you with your bladder issues. You must lose weight, quit smoking, refrain from consuming too much alcohol, and limit drinking water before bedtime can help with bladder issues. Looking for a professional urology Brooklyn? Doral Health and Wellness — Men’s Health Center is the most reputed Health Center that leading the pride.
Talking to a health care professional about incontinence might make you feel awkward. But if incontinence is already affecting your quality of life, seeking professional help is the best way to help yourself. Find a medical professional that could help you diagnose your condition. At Doral Health and Wellness, our team of medical professionals will help you get the best possible treatment that could help you and your family understand your condition and find the best possible treatment for you. To book an appointment, call us today at 347-868-1098.